|1||B.A - Tamil|
|2||B.A - English|
|3||B.A - Urdu|
|4||B.A - Historical Studies||E & T|
|5||B.A - Public Administration||E & T|
|6||B.A - Economics||E & T|
|7||B.A - Vaishnavism||E & T|
|8||B.A - Christian Studies||English|
|9||B.A - Criminology and Police Administration||E & T|
|10||B.Lit - Tamil Literature|
|11||B.Sc - Mathematics||E & T|
|12||B.Sc - Geography||E & T|
|13||B.Sc - Psychology||E & T|
|14||B.Sc - Medical Sociology||English|
|15||B.Sc - Hotel and Catering Management||English|
|16||B.Sc - Visual Communication||English|
|17||B.Sc - Apparel and Fashion Design||English|
|18||BMM - Bachelor of Multimedia - Animation||English|
|19||B.Nat - Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences||English|
|20||B.Music - Music||E & T|
|21||B.Com - Commerce||E & T|
|22||B.Com - Bank Management||E & T|
|23||B.Com - Corporate Secretaryship||E & T|
|24||B.Com - Computer Applications||E & T|
|25||B.B.A - Business Administration||E & T|
|26||B.C.A - Business Administration||E & T|
[A] ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION Admission to the First Year B.A. / B.Lit. / B.Sc. / B.Nat. / B.Music. / B.Com. / B.B.A. / B.C.A. Degree Courses is open to candidates who have passed any one of the following Examinations :
- The Pre-University Examination conducted previously by the University of Madras or any other University accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- The Higher Secondary Examination [Academic or Vocational Stream] conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu [or] other States [or] Union Territories [or] an Examination accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- There should be a minimum gap of two clear years between the date of appearance in the examination in which the candidate has passed the S.S.L.C. [X Standard] and Higher Secondary Examination (+2) or any other equilavent Examination as prescribed in the Prospectus for joining the First Year of Degree Course.
- The Senior School Certificate Examination [XII Standard] conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education held in 1979 or thereafter provided that they have been declared to have passed the examinations in not less then 5 subjects of which ENGLISH shall be one.
- The Indian School Certificate Examination [12 Years] conducted by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination held in 1977 or thereafter, provided that they have been declared to have attained the pass standard in the examinations in not less than 5 subjects of which ENGLISH shall be one.
- Those who have passed the Plus Two examinations of the National Open School, New Delhi.
- Pre-Technical Examination previously conducted after 11 years of study by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai.
- Intermediate Examination [2 years] of Andhra Pradesh, Pre-Degree Examination [2 Years] of Kerala and Pre-University Examination [2 Years] of Karnataka under the 10+2 pattern.
- Candidates who have successfully completed 12 or 13 years of education in any State in India or Abroad under 11+1 or 10+2 or 11+2 pattern, subject to approval by the authorities of this University.
- Candidates who have successfully completed the Second Year Foundation Course of the Open University System of the Madurai-Kamaraj and Annamalai Universities.
- Candidates who have successfully passed the Three Year Diploma Examinations conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai after passing 10th Standard Examination.
- Candidates who have passed the G.C.E. [Advanced Level / Principal Level] with not less than 3 subjects in the ‘A’ Level with ENGLISH in the ‘O’ Level / SUBSIDIARY Level.
- Candidates holding ‘Diploma in Commercial Practice Certificate’ [Three Year Course] of the Directorate of Technical Education & Training, Chennai, Government of Tamil Nadu or any other Diploma as equivalent thereto provided that they satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed in the regulations are eligible for lateral admission to the Second Year B.Com. [Commerce] Degree Course of this University.
- Candidates holding ‘Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering (or) Electrical and Electronics Engineering (or) Electronics and Communication Engineering Certificate’ [Three Year Course] of the Directorate of Technical Education and Training, Chennai, Government of Tamil Nadu or any other Diploma as equivalent thereto provided that they satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed in the regulations are eligible for lateral admission to the Second Year B.C.A. Degree Course of this University.
- Candidates who have successfully completed 10th Standard and Three Year Diploma Course in Music recognised by the authorities, University of Madras are eligible for lateral admission to the Second Year B.Music Degree Course of this University subject to the conditions that they should appear and pass all the papers from First Year onwards as prescribed in the regulations to successfully qualify the B.Music Degree Course.
- Candidates who have already undergone their First Year and Second Year Undergraduate Degree Courses and passed or discontinued their studies through the Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras [or] through the Colleges affiliated to the University of Madras including Autonomous Colleges under the purview of this University [or] through the Colleges affiliated to other Universities including Autonomous Colleges under the purview of the Universities concerned recognised by UGC/AIU are eligible for lateral admission to the Second Year and Third Year Degree Courses respectively for the courses offered by the IDE subject to approval by the authorities of this University.
Students who have successfully completed their First Year / Second Year (or) discontinued Second Year / Third Year Undergraduate Degree Courses through the Colleges including Autonomous Colleges affiliated to this University (or) from the Colleges including Autonomous Colleges affiliated to other Universities recognised by the UGC/AIU and accepted as equivalent thereto by the University of Madras, seeking lateral admission to the Second Year / Third Year Undergraduate degree course of study in the respective subject concerned shall be considered for lateral admission to the Second Year/Third Year respectively in the same discipline provided that they should submit their application form for admission together with original Transfer Certificate / Course Completion Certificate wherein the actual duration of course undergone by them be appropriately indicated by the Institution/ University concerned, with request for exemption of papers relating to the subjects already passed through their previous Institution/University, together with the original Statement of Marks of their previous appearances and an authenticated relevant syllabus prescribed by the Institution/University in original or the syllabus attested by the Principal/Head of the Department of the Institution in the subject concerned where they have undergone their previous course for verification and to consider for exemption of papers after perusal by the authorities of the University of Madras.